Moving to Xero with Skywise
This article is for what we affectionately call “DIY” businesses – those doing their own bookkeeping (or using a bookkeeper who will be managing their Xero for them – we’re more than happy to work with your current bookkeeper). If you’re looking for a bookkeeper to manage your Xero bookkeeping, check out our Xero Bookkeeping options.
If you’re interested in moving from your current bookkeeping system – whether that’s MYOB, QuickBooks, CashManager, BankLink, or the good old shoebox/plastic bag approach – Skywise can step you through the entire process. That process will generally look something like this:
- Give us a call/email and let us know a bit about your business and current situation
- We’ll get in touch and arrange a phone/in person meeting to have a chat and make sure Xero is the right fit for you (don’t worry, we’ll tell you if it’s not)
- Once you’re ready to go ahead we’ll decide on a conversion date (the date we’ll be saying goodbye to your old system and hello to Xero)
- We’ll give you step-by-step instructions on what you need to do to get ready for that date, and we’ll also book in your training session/s so you can hit the cloud flying
- On conversion day we’ll do our bit to convert you over to Xero, and we’ll make sure your business processes aren’t interrupted in the meantime
- We’ll complete your training session/s covering all the processes in Xero that you’ll be using
- Over following weeks we’ll keep in touch regularly to make sure things are running smoothly – you can send us your questions via email, and a follow up phone session is a great idea once you’ve had a little while for the training to sink in
The journey with Skywise doesn’t end there though – we are available for ongoing Xero bookkeeping support via phone and email; reviewing your file throughout the year to ensure you’re on the right track; and as registered BAS Agents we can prepare and lodge your BAS returns when they’re due.
Our first meeting is at no charge and there’s absolutely no obligation to go ahead, so don’t be shy – get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Kim and the team @ Skywise